I’ve been taking a photo a day, every day since 01 January and will keep doing this for the rest of the year. I’ve decided that every now and again when I have a picture that I like, I’ll post it here. Like today, for example. We’re at a two-day writing retreat in Gordon’s Bay and I took this picture when I arrived at the venue this morning.
You can see the previous photos in my 365 project here.
I just spent the weekend in Hermanus with some friends. Here are some pics.
- @mpascoe Thanks for pointing that out, here’s the link http://bit.ly/jcxBNr #
- Tech-savvy doctoral students increasingly look to open web technologies http://bit.ly/jcxBNr (prev tweet has broken link) #
- @mpascoe wrt students and lecture capture, study was done by a company selling devices for lecture capture…have to wonder about results #
- One year on « The Thesis Whisperer http://bit.ly/jf84Rw. Interesting comments on what research students came looking for #
- @sportsdoc_chris Thanks for the FF #
- @simtho001 Who’s giving the course? What you covering? Would love to know what you thought of it when you’re done #
- @romieh Great question. On looking further, it seems that the paper was released by a company specialising in lecture capture! #skeptical #
- BioMed Central Blog : Exploiting the advances of multimedia technology in medical publishing http://bit.ly/l186Ad #
- BioMed Central Blog : Bringing open access to Africa: BioMed Central announces far-reaching program http://bit.ly/jIktNm #
- Cultivate your Personal Learning Network http://ow.ly/1tEHl6 #
- Who Really Owns Your Photos in Social Media? http://ow.ly/1tEHib #
- Students Rank Lecture Capture ‘Most Important’ Blended Learning Resource http://ow.ly/1tEH8t #
- Tech-savvy doctoral students increasingly look to open web technologies http://ow.ly/1tEGVJ #
- Why Augmented Reality Is Poised To Change Marketing http://ow.ly/1tEGOM #
- Periodic Table welcomes two new, ultraheavy elements, jury still out on the names http://ow.ly/5eHZe #
- United Nations Proclaims Internet Access a Human Right http://ow.ly/5eHIT #
- Daily Papert http://bit.ly/muCVu1. Many do not appreciate fully the ways in which digital media can augment intellectual productivity #
- @RonaldArendse need something to do while waiting for kettle to boil 🙂 #
- Pic du Midi de Bigorre cloudy Wikimedia Commons.jpg [POTD for June 08 from commons.wikimedia.org] http://ow.ly/5ex2S #
- Pic du Midi de Bigorre cloudy Wikimedia Commons.jpg [POTD for June 08 from commons.wikimedia.org] http://ow.ly/1tE5Rk #
- Scottish university to introduce comic studies degree http://ow.ly/1tE5QP #
- Wikipedia Is “Making the Grade” With More & More Academics http://ow.ly/1tE5Q4 #
- A few improvements to discussions in Google Docs http://ow.ly/1tDvEU #
- UCT open educational resource wins 2011 Award for OpenCourseWare Excellence http://ow.ly/1tDvEJ #
- Introducing: Zotpress http://ow.ly/1tDvrH. Pulling Zotero libraries into WordPress blogs #
- Daily Papert http://bit.ly/kgoatr. Children’s thinking “has its own kind of order and its own kind of logic” #
- Technology in Schools: Local fix or Global Transformation? : The Daily Papert http://bit.ly/mIogF8 #
I thought I’d share some photos I took while I’m on my way to Grahamstown for the Higher Education as a Social Space conference. I went about half of the distance on some of the smaller roads, went over the Du Toits Kloof pass, through Worcester, Robertson and Montagu to get to the Tredouw pass, and joined the N2 from there.
I’ve been in Sedgefield for 2 days now, mostly going through the conference Abstracts (all 150 of them) to get an idea of which presentations I’d like to see, as well as working on my own presentation. I think it’s going to be a great conference, which unfortunately means that I’ll probably spend most of the holidays trying to get my head around all the cool things everyone is doing.
Just in case you’re worried I’m working too hard, here’s a few pictures from the road trip, as well as from the beach down the road.