- Ning Announces New Pricing Model, Free Nings for Teachers…but they can still take it away anytime they want http://tinyurl.com/2g6evay #
- Law Librarian Blog: Moving Beyond the Ubiquitous PDF for Durham Statement Compliance http://bit.ly/c7f7XR #
- RT @pgsimoes: Simple but gr8… RT @retorta: The Clever Sheep: Top 20 Uses for Wordle http://ow.ly/1ABMY #
- RT @gsiemens: sentences you will never read in a published research paper: http://bit.ly/cbjaP9 #
- Having wonderful conversation on ethical issues in practice, with 4th year physio students on WP/BP social network #uwcphysio #
- Installed #doubletwist to manage podcasts on my HTC Hero (Android), and loving it. Only in beta but works well http://www.doubletwist.com/ #
- @amcunningham would like to know how using #screenr for feedback works out #
- 1022. Teaching What You Don’t Know http://tinyurl.com/3x6lgdl #
- Faculty Perceptions of Group Work. Interesting insights that will be useful for my student groups http://tinyurl.com/2wxmg8x #
- Google Editions: Google Plans to Launch E-Book Store This Summer http://tinyurl.com/2d9jojq #
- My Social Network: post by Couros on the value derived from soc net, & shouldn’t students get the same benefits? http://tinyurl.com/3yv5exq #
- The 21st Century Classroom – Alfie Kohn. Some great ideas for teaching http://tinyurl.com/34llqgl #
- Inside Teaching : Interesting format, but not sure if I like it for a PC. Think it’ll be awesome on an iPad-like device http://bit.ly/cdo2TO #
- Ubuntu 10.04 released. Beautiful Gnome desktop http://bit.ly/aXekDg always makes me want to switch. But KDE is also beautiful…sigh #
- ♻ @cristinacost RT @netcrit #nlc2010 – Wenger – reflects on his theory – community doesn’t explain learning; learning explains community! #
- Network scientists at Harvard: Nicholas Christakis, Laura Bogart, Martin Nowak | Harvard Magazine May-Jun 2010 http://diigo.com/0aq94 #
- @scisu it was fantastic 🙂 #
- @RonaldArendse they were phenomenal, I can’t even comprehend how people can create so much with so little, an amazing experience #
- Waiting for #STOMP to start, going to be awesome #
- Standalone Zotero http://www.zotero.org/blog/standalone-zotero/ #
- Flash on the iPad vs Flash on Android [HUMOR] http://tinyurl.com/y53orjw #
- Thought Leader » Koos Kombuis » How many black intellectuals would it take to change the light bulb in Steve’s head? http://bit.ly/dk1GDF #
- RT @benwerd: RT @mberry:Like Ning? You’ll love Elgg (or Buddypress or Drupal). Open Source means never having to say can I have my data back #
- @courosa I haven’t used #ELGG but believe it’s far less configurable than #WPMU #buddypress, which I do use & am very happy with #
- RT @ekreeger: @courosa I recommend #BuddyPress as an alternative to Ning. Solid WordPress platform & good community support. #
- Clarke’s 3rd law: “Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic” #
- Trade Expert http://xkcd.com/727/ #
- Social Learning = New Toolset + New Mindset + New Skillset http://tinyurl.com/ydkjfmt #
- RT @Tuism: 50 Clever, Hilarious and Geeky Twitter T-Shirts – http://bit.ly/bCcNTV #
- A new Google Docs. Pretty excited about this, especially new chat feature http://tinyurl.com/y98mwsb #
- @patrickkayton I like the idea & potential seems huge, esp. to avoid linear presentations, but are there too many options? #
It’s been a pretty busy morning so far, catching up on all the feeds that I’ve neglected over the past month or so. Here’s a list of a few things I found that might be interesting to you.
Found Academic Earth, an online repository of video lectures by international scholars, which could be a useful resource.
Gave some feedback on the OpenPhysio paediatric assignment.
Downloaded an article called Beyond constructivism: exploring future learning paradigms from Pedadogy.ir.
Followed a few people on Twitter.