Lecture capture provides additional resources for students: archived lectures, tutorials for lab work, demonstrations of difficult concepts and complex procedures, and presentations by guest speakers;
• allows students to review material at their own pace and convenience (Coghlan et al., 2007);
• offers students more flexibility in note-taking;
• makes time for active learning during class by having the lecture available for viewing before the class meetings (Lund, 2008);
• allows students to catch up with a missed lecture;
• offers another tool for student learning projects (e.g., student-generated podcasts for interviewing locals and sharing with peers in a study-abroad program).